Calico Threads Sewing Lounge policy:
- Anytime we don't have classes scheduled, the sewing lounge is open to use, at no cost. Please call the store before coming in to make sure there is room.
- The Sewing Lounge is meant to be independent sewing time for you and those around you. Please respect others' desire to maximize their time in our store.
- Please be considerate with employees’ time. While we love to assist you with simple questions about the machines and projects, we are here to help all sewers, customers, teachers, and perform other duties in the store. If you would like to schedule a time for one-on-one assistance, we will be happy to do so.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and assisted by an adult at all times, unless in a class specifically for them.
- Calico Threads is full of sharp, hot and expensive items. It is not a place for children to explore. To maximize your sewing time we recommend that you not bring small children.
- Bobbins are provided for your project or class while at Calico Threads. If you would like to own your bobbin, you may buy them individually and take them home. Otherwise, leave them with us and we will pass them on to the next eager sewer.
- Tools and machine accessories are here for your use. When checking out your tool kit or any of our presser feet, please be responsible in returning all items at the end of your session.
- Thread use is not included. It is, however, available for purchase, so don’t worry if you forget it at home.